Saturday, December 27, 2014

Happy New Year! What is your resolution?

Greetings everyone,

 Happy Holidays from my family to yours! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.  It has been a while since I have blogged...but I'm back! In fact my resolution this year is to be a more productive blogger. What is your resolution? As we educators enjoy the holiday break it is a time to not only relax and spend time with our loved ones, but I feel that we also need to reflect on the past year and the New Year to come. What will you do to inspire your students during this New Year?

  As quality educators I feel it is our responsibility to provide engaging lessons to our students that enhance their learning and inspire a thirst for knowledge. One of the problems that I realize is that many educators are not always willing to take risk in the way that they teach. Why change what you are doing if it has worked before? This is a common response that I hear from my fellow educators. I feel although we need keep many of the fundamental ways of teaching consistent we also need to realize that the way that students learn is always changing. With the advent of technology, social media and other online resources at everyone's fingertips it is no surprise to why we need to change with the times. I challenge every educator that may stumble upon my blog to do their best this year to incorporate at least one new form of technology into their classrooms. It may be something simple, however make sure that it is relevant to what you are teaching and it provides an opportunity for the learners to be fully engaged in the lesson. Students learn best by doing and using technology is something that I feel most students nowadays love to use and can truly inspire their individual learning. Please take a bit of time during the much needed break to really think about how you plan on rolling in the New Year in your classroom. What technology will you include to help all students succeed? What resources will you need to allow for full engagement of your lessons? With that I say happy holidays to all and have a blessed new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment